Basic Submission Rules
- Don’t Post Duplicates. Fresh content is nice – duplicate posts suck. If you’re creating new content, double-check that you haven’t already submitted it to the site. Use the search tool check if you can.
- Keep it on point. Submitted content should be relevant to the category and audience of this website (i.e. people living with an ostomy, have IBD, live with a chronic illness, etc.).
- No pornography or gore. Please keep the images clean and don’t post graphic or explicit content. If you think it might be flagged, don’t post it.
- No spamming or flooding. You’re free to submit original content as often as you like, but don’t post ads, off-topic memes, or send a flood of content in a short period of time. This includes spamming the comment section. Don’t do it!
- Be decent. I created this site as a place for people to laugh and unwind. If you feel the need to harass, belittle, be rude to, or post direct insults, take it somewhere else.
- Original content, please. I want to see original content being posted. If you are not submitting your own content, and you have permission from the original author, please make sure to give them the appropriate credit.
Content Submission Guidelines
Stuff we don’t want to see
If you’ve been found to be posting any of the following, you will be banned and your content will be removed. If in doubt about what you’re posting, don’t post it. You can also contact me if you’re unsure, but use your best judgment when possible.
- Pornography or nudity, including photographic, illustrated, censored and cropped instances
- Gore or shock media, including photographic, illustrated, censored and cropped instances
- Any content that is unwarrantedly racist, sexist and homophobic or transphobic in nature
- Any content that discloses personally identifiable information of a private individual and/or minor
- Other content that is deemed not cool or unacceptable by the admin (i.e. actual photos of human waste.
- Explicit profanity. Feel free to censor your fu*king profanity so advertisers don’t lose their sh*t and my a*s isn’t in a sling.
Media Submission Guidelines
Submitting memes, images, and GIFs to the site is pretty easy, but there are some rules to keep in mind.
DOs and DON’Ts
- No porn and no gore. I’m serious about this one.
- No Spamming. If you want to advertise on this site, get in touch with me. If you use the general content submission feature to publish ads, you will be banned (and likely publically called-out for the crappy marketing attempt).
- Original Content. Ideally, you should be posting your own original content. Don’t upload someone else’s stuff without their permission, and don’t post screen captures.
- Stay Relevant. Know who’ll be seeing your content and keep it on point. This site uses categories and tags to help sort content. When submitting something, be sure to use the appropriate category and tags.
- Add Relevant Information. When uploading your images, please include an appropriate title and credit (if needed). You’re more than welcome to expand on your submission by including a description.
Tags can help people find your content and it helps to keep the site organized. Please use the following guidelines for tagging when uploading an image or video.
- Include keywords pertaining to the context of the content (ex: character names, memes, hashtags).
- Do not use the name of the entry, random text and opinions or commentaries in the tags field.
Titles can help people find your submissions. Please use the following guidelines for titling when uploading an image or meme.
- Be clever, but don’t use clickbait.
- Use a brief and straightforward description of the image and stay relevant.
Descriptions can provide any additional information that may be useful in understanding the context of the media content. While this field is optional, please use the following guidelines for annotation when uploading an image or video.
- If your submission offers advice, you might want to explain it further in this text field.
- You can share a story that relates to your media submission.
- You can give a backstory about the idea for your submission.
If you find any errors or run into problems using the site or content submission feature, please contact me.
- All submissions are manually moderated to check for quality and appropriate content. This means that your post will not appear to the public right away, and it could take minutes, hours, or days for it to show up. You’ll get an email when it does. Comments made by new users will also be held for moderation.
- Should a user violate one or multiple rules listed on this page, a moderator or administrator will issue a warning with a reminder to adhere to the database guidelines. If the rule breaking persists, an account suspension or a permanent ban may follow. In cases of noncompliance and other extreme circumstances, the user may be banned without warning or notice.
General Website Terms and Conditions
Welcome to Ostomeme!
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of Ostomeme‘s Website.
Ostomeme is located in Canada
By accessing this website we assume you accept these terms and conditions. Do not continue to use Ostomeme‘s website if you do not agree to take all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and all Agreements: “Client”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person log on this website and compliant to the Company’s terms and conditions. “The Company”, “Ourselves”, “We”, “Our” and “Us”, refers to our Company. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing law of Canada. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalization and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
Unless otherwise stated, Ostomeme and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on Ostomeme All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may access this from www.ostomeme.com for your own personal use subjected to restrictions set in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- Republish material from www.ostomeme.com
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from www.ostomeme.com
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from www.ostomeme.com (sharing content to social media is fine)
- Redistribute content from Ostomeme.
Parts of this website offer an opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions and information in certain areas of the website. Ostomeme moderates Comments to the best of our ability, but cannot filter, edit, publish or review all Comments prior to their presence on the website. Comments do not reflect the views and opinions of Ostomeme, its agents and/or affiliates. Comments reflect the views and opinions of the person who post their views and opinions. To the extent permitted by applicable laws Ostomeme shall not be liable for the Comments or for any liability, damages or expenses caused and/or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Comments on this website.
Ostomeme reserves the right to monitor all Comments and to remove any Comments which can be considered inappropriate, offensive or causes a breach of these Terms and Conditions.
You warrant and represent that:
- You are entitled to post the Comments on our website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so;
- The Comments do not invade any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark of any third party;
- The Comments do not contain any defamatory, libelous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material which is an invasion of privacy
- The Comments will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities or unlawful activity.
You hereby grant Ostomeme a non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, edit and authorize others to use, reproduce and edit any of your Comments in any and all forms, formats or media.
Sharing Site Content
You are free to directly share the content found on this Website to social media using the appropriate share buttons, provided that you have not altered the content or removed any watermarks.
Some of the content posted on this Website comes from our user’s and may only be shared using the appropriate social media share buttons with credit being given to the author (username) of the content.
Without prior approval and written permission, you may not create frames around our Webpages that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our Website.
We shall not be held responsible for any content that appears on your Website. You agree to protect and defend us against all claims that are rising on your Website. No link(s) should appear on any Website that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our Website. You approve to immediately remove all links to our Website upon request. We also reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions and it’s linking policy at any time. By continuously linking to our Website, you agree to be bound to and follow these linking terms and conditions.
Removal of links from our website
If you find any link on our Website that is offensive for any reason, you are free to contact and inform us any moment. We will consider requests to remove links but we are not obligated to or so or to respond to you directly.
We do not ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we promise to ensure that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties, and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website. Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury;
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and prohibitions of liability set in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort and for breach of statutory duty.
As long as the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
This Website may display advertisements from third-parties. We are not responsible for the content of third-party ads.
Paid ads and sponsored content may also appear on this Website and will be clearly marked as such.
Updated: April 9, 2018